Business Analyst II or III
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Business Analyst II or III!
The IS Business Analyst will partner with the IS Project Management team to identify, plan, implement, test, and maintain Business System Applications solutions. The Business Analyst participates in design, development, maintenance, and support of complex business applications and solutions to support our successful application and business activities.
The Analyst should be capable of understanding how our work relates to business processes to provide value to the organization through high quality customer service to internal parties and building strong relationships with our stakeholders.
Analyst will apply knowledge of IT principles, business processes and standards to research, design, configure, develop, test and debug applications. Analyst will evaluate and understand integration dependencies associated with hardware, software, business requirements, and system characteristics while adhering to strategies, policies, and standards associated with tasks being performed.
The Analyst will work on several projects simultaneously, understanding business processes through all applications to complete projects. Candidates will interact with business and technical users through all levels of the organization. Analyst must have the ability to work as part of a team. Effective time management, analytical thinking, organizational skills, strong documentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively will all be important in this role.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire’s Quality System.
- Understand BioFire’s technical and scientific mission. Understand technical and functional components of BioFire Diagnostics.
- Participate in collaboration efforts with global application teams (e.g. bioMérieux France, TeamWork, dev teams of shore, etc).
- Constructs recommendations and strategic plans based on business needs and market data.
- Participate in all phases of the project life cycle and SDLC.
- Partner with the business by gaining an understanding of their needs and contribute to solutions that meet their goals/objectives.
- Perform project tasks including design, develop, test, and validation of in-house developed Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Prepare comprehensive and thorough technical documentation and business requirements. (e.g. technical specifications, V&V forms, etc.)
- Provide excellent ongoing customer service and adhere to our internal and external service level agreements.
- Follow standards for change control and configuration management with a focus on communication to primary, secondary and tertiary level stakeholders.
- Identify risks and issues to project deliverables and recommend mitigation strategies as needed. Develop alternative solutions as required.
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure proper integration of business process and procedure requirements.
- Support user adoption efforts related to new application changes, change management and business process flows.
- Knowledge of IT applications and infrastructure environments, and the ability to identify and utilize new technical trends.
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- BS degree in Computer Science, IS, IT or related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree/MBA or related experience preferred
- Business Analyst II: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required
- Business Analyst III: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with in-house developed Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or other similar business platforms is a plus
- Experience in customer services with a high record of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in SDLC and quality assurance processes.
- Experience working within an Agile framework (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with applications such as SAP, Salesforce, and Jira a plus.
- Understand software best practices.
- Orientation for detail work product, with emphasis on accuracy and completeness.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and flow chart software.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively.
- Must demonstrate ability to complete objectives with little supervision.
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer is planned and executed to support systems, processes, and teams post project delivery.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).