Manufacturing Engineer III (Consumables) - Day Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Manufacturing Engineer!
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer III to join our growing team! This engineer works on a cross-functional Manufacturing Engineering team to support most aspects of the consumable manufacturing process. Partners with internal team members and vendors to optimize product performance. Performs troubleshooting and routine maintenance of moderate to complex manual and automated manufacturing processes. Leverages experience and skillset to implement best practices with the realm of consumable medical device manufacturing by identifying root causes and recommending solutions. Contributes to the resolution of moderate to complex manufacturing engineering problems.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports most aspects of consumable product manufacturing process
- Provides direction and oversight of junior engineers
- Works with vendors to optimize product performance
- Collects and analyzes data to determine performance of the product
- Builds relationships both internally and externally as a member of a cross-functional team
- Troubleshooting and routine maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Assisting with NCR investigations, write-ups, and product dispositions
- Implements best practices and corrective actions
- Identifying previously unknown process variables and implementing best practices
- Performs FMEA to identify root causes of problems and present possible solutions
- Contributes to solving moderate to complex manufacturing engineering problems
- Makes design and technical decisions subject to review by Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Generates variety of technical documentation including WIDs, technical reviews, studies, and executive summaries.
- Performs primary duties in a clean room environment.
- Develops and executes validation of new equipment and processes consistent with FDA standards
Training and Education:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred: M.S. or higher in Engineering or related discipline
Experience: 7 years of experience in Engineering or related field including performance consistent with said experience, or 5 years of experience with a Master’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Manufacturing Engineering Support of Manufacturing Equipment:
- Failure investigation
- Technical writing
- Process validation
- Familiar with FDA standards
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Film and plastic bonding and sealing
- Sheet metal design
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- Electrical Schematics
- Experience with the following is highly preferred:
- Thermal characterization
- Vacuum physics
- Heat and mass transfer
Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).