Production Scheduler - Swing Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Production Scheduler!
The Production Scheduler plans, schedules, and coordinates products and subassemblies through the production cycle with the goal of maximizing efficiency and eliminating issues and interruptions. Creates a production schedule to communicate production plans to the production coordinators and manufacturing groups. Provides technical support to the production coordinators in their designated work areas. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided for each manufactured lot according to schedules to ensure efficient production. Ensures comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing. Prepares planning and scheduling documents. Interfaces between production departments and with Production Coordinators, Materials Management, QA, and R&D to properly prepare the production orders per schedule requirements. Communicates and helps to resolve any potential scheduling issues by working with the scheduling manager. Monitors inventory status of production sub-assemblies critical to the manufacturing process, and adjusts product schedule of these sub-assemblies as needed to ensure efficient production of downstream products. Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. May provide training to Production Coordinators. The Production Scheduler may participate in process improvements and other documentation efforts. Performs work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Plans, prepares, issues, and controls the production schedule for products or subassemblies associated with manufacturing work centers, ensuring an optimal flow of work through interdependent production centers.
- Interfaces with databases and spreadsheets to compile and maintain reports concerning progress of work and failures throughout the production process and to track production units.
- Revise production schedules when required due to order or process changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with department management.
- Works with Materials Management, QA, R&D and within production departments to ensure necessary materials are available and inspections are performed in preparation for scheduled manufacture events.
- Participates in strategic planning and resource management to assure optimum utilization of personnel and material resources in order to meet or exceed production and business objectives.
- Assists as directed by management with resolving process/product related issues using tools such as temporary deviations, rework procedures, NCRs, etc.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of process orders in SAP to ensure inventory levels are maintained accurately.
- Provides daily technical support of Reagent manufacturing scheduling team including: providing training to Production Coordinators, assisting with resolving problems related to the production schedule, escalating issues to manager as needed, work with team to adapt to changes affecting daily production schedule to ensure available team resources can meet planned production.
- Participate in interviewing as requested by scheduling manager.
- Provide accurate execution of creating production schedule for commercial, R&D, validation builds, etc.
- Works at resolving process/product related issues using tools such as validation tool, rework procedures, NCR’s, SAP, and the PW scheduling tool at the direction of the Scheduling Manager.
- Responsible for working and communicating with engineering, scientists, and directors to ensure that all high cost R&D orders are completed correctly by communicating and clarifying special instructions to each team involved.
- Work closely with Operations management to identify and implement improvements to manufacturing processes. This includes working within the quality system to improve processes, change documentation, perform studies, perform validations, etc.
- May serve as a technical expert and contribute to decisions regarding developmental and process improvements initiatives such as automation, workflow design and 6S.
- Exhibit a high level of organization and tremendous attention to detail in order to successfully execute technical high cost R&D builds and high throughput commercial production.
- Point of contact for questions and problems related to technical R&D builds, validation builds, or high-throughput commercial manufacturing.
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
Training and Education: High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain or Biology/Chemistry field is preferred.
2+ years of cGMP/FDA/ISO manufacturing scheduling or logistics experience. APICs CPIM certification preferred. Must have demonstrated understanding of lean manufacturing and inventory management planning principles.
Must have a demonstrated understanding of inventory control and electronic MRP systems and intermediate proficiency using Excel and other Microsoft applications. Requires analytical and planning skills associated with optimizing a production schedule. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively and have strong attention to detail, organizational, and multitasking skills. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within cGMP reagent manufacturing.
Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).