Project Manager, IS
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
BioFire is seeking an entry level Project Manager IS that will be responsible to coordinate, support the implementation, and the ongoing monitoring of industrialized processes and tools within the BioFire Information Services team. The list of processes and tools to implement is including but not limited to:
- Portfolio management for the global IS team
- Unified Project Management methodology
- Strategic Planning and Budget
- Capacity Management
- Coordination of the Standard Operating Procedures for the IS team
- Communication and presentation of the IS organization and activities
- Performance KPIs
To implement these processes and tools, the Project Manager IS Performance will work closely with the different teams composing IS, with the other PM teams at BioFire and with the Corporate Global IS team from the parent company.
On all these initiatives and projects, responsibility will include planning, coordination, and support all aspects of IS related projects from initiation to delivery. Responsibilities include contribution to project plan documentation, management of project resources, timelines, and deliverables, and communication regarding project scope, status, requirements, etc. to stakeholders.
Project Manager is expected to partner with design team(s), development team(s), business representatives and verification and validation team(s) to derive specifications and design documentation and schedules under which the project operates.
The Project Manager is expected to have an excellent technical and functional understanding of BioFire Diagnostics’ core business processes and the global systems or applications that enable them as well as a great knowledge of bioMérieux IS teams and organizations and understanding of the bioMérieux IS tools and processes
Project Manager will have experience in field related to projects managed. See Supplemental Data section below for additional details.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ and bioMerieux’s Quality Systems.
- Understand enterprise systems used by BioFire Diagnostics and bioMerieux.
- Understand and leverage BioFire and bioMerieux project management tools and methodologies
- Participate in collaboration effort with IS teams to provide project oversight and ensure adequate BioFire resources are available to satisfy IS objectives
- Participate in defining team member roles and responsibilities, monitor team performance and ensure project resources receive the training required to perform assigned tasks
- Identify project stakeholders and effectively manage project requirements and overall timelines
- Document the communication plan, change management plan, and escalation plan
- Lead project meetings, status calls, coordinate project activities and manage stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to writing and review of technical software documentation to ensure it meets project requirements and is clear to its intended audience.
- Continuously research IS related technologies to improve IS solution from an engineering (design and development), auditing, data quality, and performance standpoint
- Transfer technical knowledge to team members and lead efforts to adapt team to changing environment.
- Contribute to selection of enterprise systems/applications/solutions.
- Participate in managed services sourcing and negotiation requirements as needed
- Contribute to selection of global enterprise systems/applications. Participate in implementation or upgrade of solution to ensure quality, cost, and timeline.
- Determine risk of software modifications to overall software quality and to business.
- Determine effort required for implementation of design.
- Define team service level agreement (SLA) and operational level agreement (OLA) standards.
- Identify and assign IS resources to projects or tasks as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position will be based in Salt Lake City
- Position will report to BioFire but will work closely with bioMérieux IS
- International travel required (must maintain valid VISA/passport)
Training and Education
- BS degree in Computer Science, IS, IT or related field, advanced degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate the ability to contribute to a team of technical and functional resources
- Understands complex IS project management methodology and requirements
- Good understanding of Security challenges
- Must have in-depth knowledge of resource management in GxP environment
- Expert planning, organization and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to take business objective through fruition
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).