Software Delivery (Dev Ops) Engineer III
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Come be a part of our team and our mission
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
BioFire Software Delivery (Dev Ops) Engineers work with teams of software developers to build, package and deploy web-based software applications. They thoroughly understand the software development lifecycle and advise technical teams throughout. They monitor server and application performance and provide feedback to technical teams and business users.
The Dev Ops Engineer will build servers, configure subnets and routes, install software and secure the systems. They will have a strong knowledge of server operating systems (primarily Windows, and some Linux), as well as virtualization and cloud management. They will build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring and analysis of on premise and cloud infrastructure. They will write scripts to perform as much of this work as possible.
Dev Ops Engineers provide technical guidance to development teams, and act as the sys admin for development teams as needed. They review software configurations and help teams prepare their applications for delivery. They create and maintain multiple environments, including DEV, TEST and PROD, for many applications and systems.
Dev Ops Engineers understand business needs and use their judgement to architect and implement infrastructure to meet the needs of the business. They understand best practices and continually look for ways to help the IT group improve.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Perform duties as detailed in BioFire Diagnostics’ technical mission and Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintain existing infrastructure solutions. Perform routine administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Implement new infrastructure solutions or integrate business services into the existing solutions.
- Provide proactive, reactive, or on call technical support, and trouble ticket resolution.
- Provide escalation level support for the remote IT organization and the Corporate Helpdesk.
- Create and maintain detailed functional and operational documentation.
- Provide support to software development teams in building, packaging and deploying software throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision from IT managers
- Work with business stakeholders and software development teams to define infrastructure requirements and design solutions based on those requirements.
- Design solutions and processes to optimize operational efficiency, systems availability and performance.
- Ensure proper policies and procedures are documented and practiced
- Mentor junior Dev Ops Engineers.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills
Training and Education: (Minimum education and/or training requirements for this position; i.e., high school diploma, college degree, certification.)
Requires a Bachelor of Science in a technical field OR equivalent certifications and/or experience.
Acceptable certifications include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solution Architect
- Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- ITIL Intermediate Certification
- ITIL MALC Examination
- ITIL Expert Certification
Experience: (Minimum time and type experience required for this position.)
3+ years of work experience in software development, dev ops, system administration, networking, information technology or related field.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).