Material Handler I
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking to add a Material Handler I to our growing team! The Material Handler I is responsible for the physical movement, support, and administrative tasks involved in receiving, shipping, storing, and support of raw material used for manufacturing of good
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire’s Quality System.
- Receive, ship, store, and transfer material for use in manufacturing.
- Perform duties related to shipping including, packaging and order fulfillment.
- Perform the related transactions, bin maintenance, and maintain shelving for the stocking of material.
- Break down, clean, organize, and prep raw material ready for manufacturing in accordance to procedure and production requirements.
- Perform real time daily replenish of material to the floor in a “Just in Time” manner to never run the line dry, yet to also ensure inventory is minimized in the line.
- Utilize warehouse management software and mobile tools to distribute and transact material to the floor at direct movement of material. This includes the use of tablets, barcode scanners, and label printers.
- Utilize the Kanban replenishment process to ensure material is pulled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform movement of mail, office supplies, and non-production materials to designated drop off points.
- Log, label, track, and enter material lot information into the Production execution system.
- Cycle audit material in multiple stores locations.
- Practice lean manufacturing and good housekeeping principles such as 6S.
- Coordinate, communicate, and signal replenishment of material from the various stock locations to production.
- Aid in the identification, movement, and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Maintain Kanban levels and update as production requirements demand.
- Receive, inspect, store, and properly control the integrity of perishable materials.
- Other related duties as inferred or assigned.
- Transact, store, and properly maintain the transactional integrity of material.
- Make inventory adjustments within authorized parameters.
- Suggest and make improvements.
- Inspect, clean, prep and insure the quality of material for production.
Supplemental Data: (Information that will enhance the understanding of the nature of the job; e.g., number of people directly supervised; total staff supervised; sales volume impacted; operating budget, extent of travel required, etc.)
- Work closely with other Material Handlers.
- Maintain inventory and transactional accuracy of inventory.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of warehouses.
- May be required to have and maintain a valid Utah Driver’s License.
Training and Education: High school diploma and or, APICS training.
Experience: No experience required; however, previous inventory, warehouse, shipping and/or, receiving experience is preferred. Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred. Active driver’s license and clean driving record.
Skills: Acquires Job skills, learns company policies, and procedures to complete routine tasks.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance and work 75% of the time standing and/or lifting.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at email@example.com, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).