Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This engineering co-op’s main responsibility is design verification and validation testing. This individual may work within a project team (e.g. engineers, technicians, and/or project managers). This engineering co-op uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of engineering. This co-op is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership in order to meet the goals of the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of a mechanical engineering intern.
- Description: Uses training, problem-solving skills, communication, and company and department SOPs/WIDs in a team environment to develop solutions for assigned projects.
- Works on: well-defined problems of limited scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers or co-op’s.
- Influence: Receives significant oversight and mentoring from Engineers of all levels. Not a Lead or Mentor for others.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of college, must be actively working toward a B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering.
Experience: This is a learning position, no previous experience outside of a classroom setting is required.Experience with the following is preferred:
- Plastics design
- Optics design
- Sheet metal design
- Heat Transfer
- Molding Processes
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- CMM or OGP
Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift 50 pounds
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).