Associate Marketing Communications Manager (Tradeshows)
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
The Associate Marketing Communications Manager is responsible, both individually and as a team of managers, to design, develop, and execute the company’s internal and external marketing communications strategies. As such, it requires professional expertise and demonstrated and sustained success in the field. This position also requires basic leadership, coaching, and management of a diverse team of professionals. This position will have direct influence over the team members who report directly to the position and may also influence the team members in the broader Marketing Communications department. This position will require a demonstrated understanding of fundamental concepts and execution of clear communication and directions to ensure all teams are in sync regarding their roles and expectations as well as an undeniable support to all teams in creating, developing and delivering effective and efficient marketing and communication materials.
The position will be required to have or gain a comprehensive knowledge of how the Marketing Communication team works in tandem with other departments including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Tech Transfer, Legal, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, and Purchasing to produce effective, relevant marketing and promotional materials. It will require problem solving and relationship building while driving internal and external communication projects from conception to completion while ensuring brand and style consistency through and in compliance with legal and quality protocols and system.
This position will direct the company’s Tradeshow Coordination team. As such, it requires a proficient understanding and demonstrated expertise in the strategic planning of complex and extensive tradeshow and related meetings. This position will lead the Tradeshow Coordination Team in; tracking and reconciling tradeshow budgets, guiding creative brainstorm meetings with management and stakeholders, and researching, negotiating with, and booking venues, (union) labor, and exhibit houses. This position will work closely with management to create the tradeshow booth designs and work directly with exhibit house to build the approved booth design. This position will be responsible to ensure that all deadlines are met, that all company, show management and union rules, regulations, and requirements are met, and that pre- and post – event evaluations and reports are conducted that address and report on set goals. This position will be expected to analyze and report on the ROI set by key stakeholders. This position will be responsible for virtual and hybrid meetings components at tradeshows.
This position will be required to ensure that the Marketing Communications team maintains a consistent and cohesive look and feel of all our projects. They will also be required to ensure all of our visuals, messaging, interactive, and motion designs are creative, clear, convincing, and innovative.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a cross-functional team of up to 6 marketing communication professionals that will interface with domestic and international product managers, sales teams, support staff, and many others.
- Mentor and coach every direct report on that team through their individual and professional success.
- Ensure the company’s brand plan is being executed to the highest of standards.
- Ensure the needs of all project requestor are being met.
- Develop, improve and enforce policies and procedures required by Marketing Communications and the broader company.
- Prepare and present accountability reports to upper management of current action items.
- Occasional domestic and international travel will be required.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and developments.
- Thoroughly understand the brand identity and help to ensure brand consistency.
- Own the application of our brand identity and help to refine and improve it over time
- Review team’s work to ensure quality, consistency, and execution of the highest standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the company’s quality assurance system.
- Ensure the department’s processes are being followed and executed.
Training and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred but equivalent professional experience acceptable.
- Demonstrated expertise in tradeshow management, planning, execution, and design.
- May have little to no previous management experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many projects, numerous simultaneous information sources, and a multitude of processes and protocols while instilling a calm, confident, and consistently positive and upbeat environment.
- Must have successful experience in coaching and mentoring others to reach their full potential.
- Demonstrated experience in condensing information into a cohesive plan, effectively and efficiently communicating that plan, and leading the execution of those plans independently and/or under the direction of senior staff.
- Demonstrated experience with changing priorities and shifting responsibilities while encouraging adaptability and flexibility with the team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate complete confidence and experience to step in and complete the work of direct reports when required.
- Not only answer questions, but instead, solve problems.
- Do everything with the best intent.
- Contribute to the solution, not the problem.
- Give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
- Choose to be better.
- Enthusiastically engage with every person and every project.
- Proactively suggest new and creative ideas.
- Serve the customer.
- Hold yourself and others accountable.
- Proactively ask for and offer honest feedback.
- Strive to improve the work atmosphere and team morale.
- Invite light-hearted fun into our work lives.
- Take ownership and accountability of the team and our work.
- Be mindful of the needs of others.
- Actively work to improve yourself, our team, and our company.
- Be respectfully candid in your conversations and interactions.
- Be empathetic toward everyone.
- Take the time to help without being asked.
- Remain flexible and adaptable.
- Work hard and be kind.
The ability to occasionally lift 15-20 pounds; remain seated for extended periods of time; and travel short distances often and quickly (i.e., from one meeting to another). Ability to maintain mental focus for extended periods of time.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).