Mechanical Engineer II or III - Machine Vision
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Mechanical Engineer II or III!
This engineer works within a project team – generally under the leadership of a principal engineer, systems engineer, and/or project manager. This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities that are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering. Additionally, this engineer specifies, develops, and tests vision detection and inspection systems for automated and manual manufacturing processes. They will also assist in designing robotic systems actively driven by vision tools. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering. Specializes in developing vision applications used to inspect parts and tuning vision tools to accept or reject parts based on Biofire’s product specifications.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of complex engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of significant scope and complexity, may architect the product design. Generally works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives limited oversight from a Principal Engineer, usually is a discipline lead on a project, provides mentoring for other engineers, and provides department management and leadership.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Cognex machine vision software; Cognex In-Sight, VisionPro, Designer, ViDi
- Specifying and optimizing components of a vision system including; lighting, lenses, cameras, vision processing, communication
- Working knowledge of C# / .NET or VB / .NET
- Industrial PLC (Rockwell Control Logix)
- Optics design
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Machining (esp. CNC)
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).