Manager/Associate Director - Software Test Engineering
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
We are a fast growing and profitable biotech company with a great opportunity for a Manager of Software Test Engineering (or Associate Director of Software Test Engineering - depending on experience) who will play an integral role in creating software for cutting-edge life-saving medical devices. You will be joining a growing test engineering team that values collaboration, clean code, continuous improvement and a healthy work life balance.
This position will lead a team of Software Test Engineers embedded within project teams to develop test automation solutions, write and execute tests, and maintain the quality of our software. The candidate would encourage and mentor team members in their current role, help define and follow best practices, and help build a strong and productive team. Once employed, they will be embedded in a collaborative environment at a company that greatly values test engineering contributions. The candidate would be responsible for:
- Prioritizing projects and team responsibilities to meet company objectives
- Reviewing project documentation for good technical writing, completeness, and adherence to company guidelines
- Facilitating the efficient expansion of test coverage including automated test solutions
- Finding creative solutions to reduce test maintenance and eliminate systemic issues impeding productivity
- Working with other teams to collaborate on the future vision of test engineering
- Training and mentoring members of the Test Engineering team
The candidate should possess good management/leadership qualities, prior experience in software development teams, and an approachable nature that encourages communication and cooperation. They should utilize this good communication and the ability to work across teams to allow buy-in on new ideas and promote a vision for the future.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the following:
- A minimum of a B.S. in an engineering or computer related discipline: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, etc. Candidates with backgrounds in life and physical science possessing a strong programming ability are also encouraged to apply
- 4+ years of industry experience in test engineering, software development, IT, IS or related fields
- Knowledge of test engineering practices used throughout the industry
- Strong communication, technical writing and presentation skills
- Desire to work with people and promote a team-building atmosphere
In addition to these requirements, the candidate would ideally have the following:
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience with C#/.NET (or another object oriented language)
- Experience testing web-based and Windows applications
- Experience in software utilized within the medical diagnostic field
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).