Finished Goods Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator - Nightshift (D Schedule)
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator to join our team!
The Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator is responsible for manufacturing quality products efficiently, accurately, safely and on time. Utilizes high volume automated equipment and in-process instrumentation to manufacture regulated products in accordance to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), company policy and safety regulations. Works on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Position requires a wide degree of attention to detail and fine motor dexterity.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position will be every Other Wednesday + Thursday - Saturday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Sustain efforts in the area of responsibility and organization. Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned production areas in order to identify improvement opportunities.
- Maintain records in compliance with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use electronic documentation systems.
- Execute daily demand based off the production schedule.
- Act as a catalyst for positive change.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned production area.
- Perform routine cleaning and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Assist Engineering in machine repairs or other tasks as/if needed.
- Operate automated production equipment.
- Load and unload raw materials and subassemblies.
- Responsible for ordering Kanban items and maintaining stocks of critical raw materials and sub-assemblies, including monitoring of expiration dates.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Perform in-process testing to ensure product meets specifications
- Provide training when necessary to new machine operators in your area.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Training and Education: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Internal Applicants: Minimum of one year of manufacturing experience at BioFire Diagnostics. Consideration will be given to applicants with less than one year of internal manufacturing experience if prior machine operator experience in a regulated manufacturing environment can be shown.
External Applicants: Minimum of 2 years as a machine operator in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required. Experience with electronic documentation systems is preferred.
Skills: Must have good reading, writing, and oral communication and comprehension skills. Must have a high attention to detail. Must have good math skills. Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive, professional manner.
Physical Requirements: Be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs., stand for extended amounts of time, squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, turn, and have fine motor dexterity.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).