QC Technologist I/II - Swing Shift
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a QC Technologist to join our growing team! QC Technologist works in a cGMP environment performing quality control testing for instrument and diagnostics products. Responsibilities include conducting testing of reagents, instruments, completing validations and equipment calibrations.
Must be mathematically competent, detail oriented, and must be able to follow written and verbal directions. Some experience in cGMP,Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is required. Must know proper pipetting technique.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biofire Diagnostic’s Quality System.
- Responsible for performing quality control testing on incoming reagents use in Film Array.
- Responsible for maintaining supply stocks as well as coordinating instrument/equipment repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for all pipet calibrationsand the Artel system calibration.
- Responsible for all Film Array Contamination monitoring,collection,setup and reporting.
- Responsible for all other swab set up and reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining all QC charts.
- Responsible for maintaining the QC area clean and contamination-free.
- Responsible for coordinating repeats.
- Works closely with QC Manager as well as the Pouch Manufacturing group to ensure consistent and timely turnaround for QC results.
- Responsible for maintaining records as required by the Quality System.
- Responsible for conducting Instrument QC within the Instrument Manufacturing and Instrument Service area.
Training and Education:
Associate's Degree or higher in a Life Science or related field.
Level I: This is an entry level position and no experience is required; however, candidates with previous laboratory or life science related experience are preferred.
Level II: Minimum of 2 years of experience in a laboratory environment and/or in a life science or related field.
Attention to details,good communicator and team player.
Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator
Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at email@example.com, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).