Associate Director of Manufacturing Engineering
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Leads, plans, and motivates the Manufacturing Engineering team and ensures manufacturing engineering activities of the company are accomplished in accordance with Biomerieux’s quality system. Develops plans to enable team to meet strategic objectives. Ensures all manufacturing engineering managers are trained and understand their roles and interdependences within the manufacturing engineering/project team that they are assigned to. Works with Director of Manufacturing engineering to structure team to support manufacturing processes and work centers.
- Work with director on team structure and balance across work centers to support design, development, transfer to production, and sustaining engineering needs.
- Ensure engineering WIDs meet the needs of the manufacturing engineering team.
- Review documents that provide plans and guidance for control of equipment and processes to the work centers, such as validation plans and control plans.
Team training and development
- Ensure all manufacturing engineering managers perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biomerieux’s Quality System.
- Provide development path and training to support employee growth.
- Provide mentoring for team members.
- Set and review goals and objectives for manufacturing engineering managers.
Coordination and communication
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all departments, especially operations, QA, and materials.
- Communicate progress and needs to department Director.
- Prepare and present data from various manufacturing processes and investigations
- Act as manufacturing engineering management representative in project and program level meetings.
- Number of people directly supervised: 4-6
- Total staff supervised: 35-50
- Minimal travel required
Studies and Experience:
- BS in Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- 2+ years of management experience in related field
Skills and Qualifications:
- Manufacturing engineering experience, technical aptitude
- Support of automated/high volume systems in a manufacturing environment
- Validation and validation strategies
- Management of Personnel
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work with other departments to coordinate activities
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).