Research Associate III
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Research Associate!
This is a full time position. This position is part of a team working on a variety of laboratory procedures involving real-time PCR using established methods and techniques under general guidance. Performs general lab duties, designs and conducts experiments, collects and analyzes data and keeps an accurate record of all work done in the laboratory notebook. Requires some problem solving skills. Work may involve development of new instrumentation, software or processes, customer support and some training functions. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures including PCR, RT-PCR real-time PCR, and use of fluorescence-based nucleic acid detection techniques. May lead and direct work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May provide guidance to other lower level personnel. Reports to the Lab Supervisor or a Scientist.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature
- Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- May be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments
- Ensures that laboratory notebooks for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with BFDX Employment Handbook.
Training and Education:
Usually requires a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
5-8 years experience in the field or related area.
Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).