Manufacturing Engineering Stock Room Attendant I - Night Shift
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking to add a Manufacturing Engineering Stock Room Attendant to join our growing night shift Manufacturing Engineering team! The Manufacturing Engineering Stock Room Attendant I works within a Manufacturing Engineering Team – generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. Engineers and/or Managers).
The attendant I uses experience and knowledge to perform the types of activities which are generally considered within Spare Parts Inventory. The Manufacturing Engineering Stock Room Attendant I is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the department, the project, and the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively up and down through the organization, laterally, and within teams they support.
- Participate in department strategic planning and resource management to assure optimum utilization of personnel and material resources in order to meet or exceed production, team, individual, and business objectives.
- Maintain inventory control of Spare Parts and Supplies.
- Take direction from engineers and technicians regarding how to support preventive/predictive maintenance principles.
- Attend appropriate team meetings.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Develop an understanding of equipment and machinery within manufacturing in order to provide support to team members as well as anticipated and unanticipated machinery breakdowns.
- Sustain efforts in the area of responsibility and within the department. Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned department areas in order to identify improvement opportunities following company current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for implementation of changes. Maintain records in compliance with regulatory requirements and company procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Management.
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: No previous experience is required; however, candidates with related experience in a manufacturing, inventory control and/or engineering environment is preferred. Hands on experience with inventory control, good receipt, part issues, and cycle counting is preferred. Experience in a cGMP environment is also preferred.
- Exhibit a high level of organization and attention to detail to maintain and improve the inventory of parts for use by the team.
- Communication & decision quality - Must have the ability to make good decisions and communicate effectively with others including management
- Problem solving
- Effective documentation skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio), ERP systems, and Solidworks
Physical Requirements: Ability to walk and stand on feet for entire shift. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Frequent pulling, pushing and reaching. Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting. Requires working from step ladders. Ability to work with various chemicals and use PPE in accordance with MSDS/SDS sheets. Ability to perceive and distinguish colors.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).