Manufacturing Engineer III (Consumables) - Day Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Manufacturing Engineer III!
This engineer works within a manufacturing engineering team and/or a project team– generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. senior/principal engineer, manufacturing engineering manager, and/or project manager). This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of manufacturing engineering and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of manufacturing engineering.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of difficult engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives some oversight from a Senior or Principal Engineer, eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, may provide mentoring for other engineers, and may provide limited department management and leadership.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Makes design and technical decisions subject to review by Senior, Principal, and other engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Travel: minimal travel required.
Team: usually works on a team with several engineers and a project manager.
Training and Education
B.S. in Engineering
5 to 10 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Plastics Design
- Sheet metal design
- Heat Transfer
- Molding Processes
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- Six Sigma/Lean/SPC
- Process Validation
- Electrical Schematics
Able to safely lift 20 pounds. Ability to perceive and distinguish colors.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).