Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
- Understands current demands and updates relevant items and planning parameters within SAP/DDMRP (and other IS if applicable).
- Analyzes commercial and non-commercial demand for RM and/or SFG and FG, on firm and planned horizons, including products during their phase IN and phase OUT stages.
- Determines all manufacturing capacities (production bottlenecks, QC, critical suppliers…), identifies, addresses and communicates gaps within the Supply & Operations Planning process.
- Determines and shares monthly and weekly production schedules, issues procurement orders and effectively liaises with suppliers to ensure conformance to plan.
- Follows up manufacturing daily activities and anticipates Customer back orders; identifies and addresses gaps to plan and reschedules accordingly.
- Maintains current knowledge of business practices. Adopts and shares planning best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Manufacturing or Supply Chain.
- Ideally at least 3 years of relative work experience analyzing, planning, and communicating manufacturing capacities and productions schedules.
- Requires strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Package; proficiency in SAP (Supply and Manufacturing) is strongly desired. DDMRP experience preferred.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).