QC Technician - Night
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
QC Technician works in a cGMP environment performing quality control testing for commercial and diagnostics products. Responsibilities include visual inspection and testing of products. Responsibilities include working with the Manufacturing, Technology Transfer and other departments for organization of quality controlled materials used for QC testing and learning new techniques or workflow as required by new product lines.
This position will work in a laboratory setting and perform qualification procedures including pouch hydration, loading, and tracking under direct supervision.
The schedule for this position will be Sunday - Tuesday 5:45 APM - 6:15 AM.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Perform quality control testing on incoming reagents use in Film Array as directed by procedures.
- Responsible for learning new techniques or workflow as required for new product lines.
- Responsible for Film Array positivity and negativity testing setup, running, and tracking of pouches.
- Perform accurate and efficient QC data entry.
- Maintaining the QC area to ensure it is clean and contamination-free. This includes daily and weekly cleaning as well as weekly swabbing of the QC laboratory.
- Works closely with QC Supervisor to ensure consistent and timely turnaround for QC results within the work group.
- Maintain records as required by the Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
High School diploma or equivalent. College coursework in biology and/ or chemistry preferred.
This is an entry-level position, so no previous experience is required.
Previous in a laboratory or cGMP environment and/or QC experience is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to accurately follow both written and verbal instruction
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks
Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Must be able to safely lift 25lbs.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).