Research Engineer, Consumables Research Department
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an experienced Research Engineer!
The successful candidate will work as a team-member within the consumables Research Department (Research Consumables). The Research Consumables Department works closely with Consumables Development, Manufacturing, Automation, and Chemistry R&D Departments, and is responsible for 1) investigations into current issues regarding consumable products, and 2) identifying and investigating new and innovative processes, materials, and technology necessary for manufacturing improvements.
This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members both within and outside the consumables department.
It is desired that the ideal candidate have engineering experience within one or more of the following disciplines: materials / plastics / adhesives / molecular biology / medical device manufacturing, however other areas of expertise may be considered.
Familiarity with Minitab, Six Sigma and or other statistical tools is desired.
Travel outside of the USA may be required.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of research engineering.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of difficult engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives some oversight from a Senior or Principal Engineer, eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, may provide mentoring for other engineers.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Documents experiments and presents data to cross-functional teams
Training and Education: B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
Experience: 5 to 10 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Preferred disciplines: Materials Engineering
Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).