ID Associate designer - 1 year contract - London
ID ASSOCIATE DESIGNER ROLE Big Mamma Studio
About Big Mamma Group
Big Mamma is an international, high end restaurant brand currently spanning 4 countries. It is now entering a hyper-growth phase with expansion plans into both existing locations and new continents over the next 3 years.
The group opened 16 trattorias and the biggest food court in Europe over the last 7 years. We want to change life with pizza, and we do this with creating authentic homemade Italian cuisine, accessible to all in beautifully designed spaces and served with a big smile. To deliver this level of experience, Big Mamma Group created an in-house design team- Big Mamma Studio - made up of 16 designers whose job it is to create the coolest spaces in the world!
Big Mamma’s Studio team
We are offering the opportunity to work on iconic and highly creative projects with full involvement from concept through to completion. With new openings scheduled in 7 countries in the next 3 years, this is an exciting time to join and be involved in the growth and success of the company, as well as having scope for personal development and growth.
10+ years of experience in either hospitality or a similar relevant field and be very experienced with running and delivering projects; either hotels or restaurants.
The Associate Interior Designer will manage multiple seniors to ensure the delivery of their projects from concept through to completion:
- Mentoring, managing and challenging all members of the team.
- A strong technical ability and knowledge to be able to mark-up joinery, furniture & construction drawings.
- Overseeing all Contractor shop drawings.
- Challenge the team during the concept phase to create the most successful design possible.
- Awareness of current style trends as well as the wider restaurant industry.
- Good knowledge of budget and value engineering where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining strong communication with Contractors, in-house Construction and Operations team.
- Assisting the seniors on regular site visits.
- Very strong time management skills and the ability to respect programmes.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of finishes and materials.
- Coordination of MEP and services.
- Coordination and collaboration with FF&E team.
- Contributing towards recruitment and development of the Studio and practice.
- Ensure the Studio standards are executed within all design documentation.
- An extremely high level of AutoCAD is a must & technical knowledge.
- Proficient in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Strong freehand sketching abilities.
- Passionate about cutting edge F&B / Hospitality Design.
- Ambitious and hard-working. Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good eye for colour and materials.
- Very strong managerial skills and the ability to manage multiple team members and their projects. Challenge them to deliver quality and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills. Great team player and have the confidence and ability to create and maintain a positive working relationship with the members of the studio, our construction team, our contractors, and OPS teams.
- Strong attention to detail. (detailed drawings, bespoke details, refined gantry and finishes, level of lighting etc.) High-end restaurants to be developed next year.
- Very hands-on, practical, with on-site experience, good problem-solving skills. Has already worked several times on a project from start to completion.
- Organised, methodical and work in a structured manner.
This is a very busy, hands-on role which will suit somebody who is genuinely hard working and creative. You will be working as part of a friendly and collaborative team, where your input and ideas will be expected and welcomed. The team will rely on you for support and feedback so you must have good communication and managerial skills. The company has a unique ethos and style which will require you to be confident and bold with your Ideas and ambition.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Soho, London + travelling in our restaurants required
If you’re interested and motivated, please attach your CV and portfolio to the link below!
To the moon!
BIG MAMMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.