Accountant - permanent contract - Munich
BIG MAMMA is a bunch of more than 1000 cool guys behind the 16 most iconic italian restaurants & Food Market in UK, France and Spain (Gloria, La Felicità, Pink Mamma, etc) and behind the first truly Italian & authentic delivery brand of homemade pizza, Napoli Gang.
With more than 8.000 clients a day, extremely warm places, an authentic cuisine, products imported directly from Italy, everything 100% fresh and 100% homemade, every new spot gets a mediatic coverage and an infatuation never seen in the sector before.
Brace yourselves, the team is moving to Germany this year to share its culture, its authentic cooking, its joyful italian mess along with its vision of the restaurant industry. Join the team now and be part of this great adventure among a one-of-a-kind team.
This role will report directly to the CFO of Germany providing support to the development and running of our restaurants in Germany, which includes the following responsibilities:
- The end-to-end accounts payable processes, including payment runs, invoice processing and issuance, reviews, invoice approvals, answering supplier queries etc.
- Preparation and monitoring of the expenses process and expense claim queries
- Customer Accounting: preparation of invoices, follow up of payment
- Researching and resolving inquiries, pick up ad-hoc tasks as they come in (e. g bank transfers, requesting refunds etc)
- Monitor and process monthly intercompany transactions
- Ensure that account books are accurate and up to date.
- Work directly with the external accountants during semester closings.
- Financial process and operations
- Work with the CFO of Germany to plan how company will implement financial process as we grow and expand in this country
- Participate in the success of in-house accounting implementation with the support of our group finance team and our external accountant.
- Responsible for daily cash up, control and monitoring and follow up with restaurant managers to resolve variances
- Assist with the creation and evolution of our finance operational policies, procedures, and controls documentation that adhere with the groups policies in France
- Work with the CFO of Germany and Finance Team in France to identify how to automate process as much as possible, allowing you to focus on the parts of the role where your knowledge and skills provide the most value
- Financial Reporting and Management Accounts
- Assist the CFO of Germany in the preparation of monthly management accounts and cashflow management
- Prepare bank and appropriate balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting assistance to the Finance Director and external accountants
- Assist the CFO in dealing with audit and due diligence queries
Compentencies & Qualifications
- Accounting experience (at least 3 years)
- Good knowledge of the German accounting plan
- Numerate, high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload to ensure efficiency
- Experience using Accounting and General Ledger software (Datev and Sage)
- Motivated team player who is enthusiastic to be a part of an entrepreneurial, fast growing business
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fluency in English
BIG MAMMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.