Business Intelligence Analyst
The Revenue Management and Analytics Team with Big Ass Fans is growing and looking for a Business Analyst. The RM&A task force is focused on increasing profits and reducing waste through efforts to make Big Ass Fans more efficient. We support the business through process improvement, cross departmental communication efforts and high level data analysis and problem solving. A successful team member loves digging into data, searching for insights, and can churn out data-driven awesomeness for managers and teams throughout the company.
- Query a large data warehouse containing CRM, ERP and various other data stores.
- Develop Power BI reports connected to the data warehouse to monitor various aspects of business performance.
- Provide recurring reports describing business performance while also identifying, tracking down, and attempting to explain anomalies in these reports using quantitative methods.
- Serve as an indispensable resource of critical information to business unit leaders; work closely with them to understand the intelligence they need to make the best decisions.
- Work with teams across the company to ensure consistency, organization, and integrity throughout data pipeline processes.
- Work with Database Architects to develop and assess ETL jobs for large analytics projects.
- Work with Database Architects to maintain the integrity of the data warehouse.
- Uses historic data to produce predictions regarding future performance and product needs.
- Evaluate, suggest and implement improvements to department processes and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience using SQL to query and join large data sets preferred
- Advanced skills in a live data visualization tool (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) preferred
- Highly capable in Microsoft Excel
- Basic proficiency in statistics (t-tests, ANOVA, linear regression)
- Ability to efficiently summarize variances and present recommendations to upper management
- Must be able to independently identify a problem area and sift through multiple data sources
- Strong analytical skills, communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven success collaborating with a range of departments
Why live life Big Ass?
You want benefits? We’ve got your health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) and more. You want Big Ass Benefits? Join us in the cantina for a catered lunch followed by a game of Ping-Pong. Did we break another record today? Let’s open the beer fridge and make plans to meet this weekend at the company sponsored social outing.
Why haven’t you applied yet?
Big Ass Fans is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Big Ass Fans maintains an environment where each individual is valued and respected. Individuals are expected to understand and comply with OSHA and ISO 9001 standards and procedures. Individuals are expected to apply safe work methods when performing the job requirements in hazardous and non-hazardous environments to avoid injury to self to co-workers or damage to property. Individuals are expected to report unsafe work conditions or equipment operation to supervisors immediately and observe all safety rules.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.877.244.3267.