Senior Director of Social Media
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Director of Social Media to oversee the social media presence of the largest beauty subscription brands in the world: IPSY and BoxyCharm.
This team leader will be responsible for developing the brands’ social media strategy while overseeing execution and measurement across priority platforms. You will have proven experience in growing and managing brand accounts of over 1 million followers to deliver on business objectives, including: brand awareness, engagement, traffic, and non-paid acquisition. You should be comfortable and experienced working with cross-functional partners (including merchandising, influencer, PR, creative, production, site, and email), as part of an integrated team. Expertise in social listening, analytics, and publishing tools is critical. You must be able to find actionable insights through data and apply creative ideas to bring new plans to life.
This role will report to the SVP of Marketing and will be empowered to run projects on an individual and autonomous basis. You should be an experienced people manager with experience running multiple brands or campaigns simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be located in the Los Angeles area, to participate in monthly shoots and team meetings at our LA studios.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the overall social media strategy for all IPSY and BoxyCharm channels. This includes leveraging analytics to understand trends and growth opportunities
- Oversee and implement content strategy for all social channels. Deep experience in priority channels is critical (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube)
- Develop a balanced content strategy plan by platform and brand, to meet both upper and lower funnel objectives (experience in both upper and lower funnel is required)
- Drive brand buzz across the brands’ owned social channels by attracting new followers and transforming current followers into engaged brand fans
- Partner with the Growth team to develop and execute a strong non-paid acquisition growth strategy
- Oversee monthly content calendar for all brands and platforms, while working with other team members to implement the content
- Own all analytics and reporting across every channel; responsible for identifying trends, and outlining key learnings and recommendations
- Lead team weekly social reports and provide direction / guide the team, and lead monthly executive presentations to share findings
- Manage the social budget (including content creation fees, giveaways spend, boosting, etc.) on a monthly basis
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders across social media, creative, influencer, and merchandise teams
- Oversee social analytics tools usage and implementation
- Partner with external social points of contacts to stay abreast of trends, features, and opportunities to participate in beta tests
- Lead and manage a team of eight and contribute to their individual performance, while coaching and empowering them
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years experience running the social media strategy for a large brand or company
- Experience within the Fashion and/or Beauty industry
- Proven experience managing (brand) social accounts with over 1M followers
- Experience in creating content strategy and plans that have successfully delivered regular viral content for a brand
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Proven track record of developing content campaigns across multiple platforms and multiple formats (with deep experience in IG, FB, and Tiktok a MUST and experience in Youtube, Pinterest, and other channels)
- Socially savvy and content obsessed
- Experienced people manager (with at least 2 years of experience managing a team of 5+)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (and experience presenting to SLT)
- Keen attention to detail
- Passion for social media, new trends, and emerging platforms
- Experience managing budgets and external vendors
- Bachelor's degree
- Ecommerce subscription experience
- Digitally native brand experience
- Experience managing multiple brands simultaneously
- Growth & performance marketing experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Annual bonus program (paid out quarterly)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Work from home flexibility
- Free BoxyCharm subscription
- Learning & development programs
ABOUT USIPSY is the largest beauty membership in the world, home to sample-size beauty subscription Glam Bag, full-size beauty subscription BoxyCharm, celeb-curated collection Icon Box, and personal care brand Refreshments.
Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, IPSY democratizes beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but the feeling of authentic self-expression that comes with the discovery of beauty products tailored to your unique preferences.
Our world-class team—from merchandising to machine learning, editorial to engineering, and everything in between—works behind the scenes to make personalized beauty discovery possible.
Check out our Career Site to learn more about life, culture, benefits, and perks at IPSY: https://www.ipsycorporate.com/careers
For United States Remote Roles, candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states where IPSY has established a Business presence to be eligible for hire: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
For Canada Remote Roles Only: Remote positions which may be performed in any of the Provinces listed below where IPSY has established a Business presence: British Columbia and Ontario.
Salary Range: $160,000 - $210,000 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, IPSY also offers a bonus, equity grants and competitive benefits package. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to view our CCPA notice.