Senior Front End Software Engineer
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate Senior Front End Software Engineer to take part in our growing Engineering team! You will be responsible for coding breathtaking user-facing applications that reach millions of users each month and use the latest front-end technologies and techniques including ReactJS, Typescript, GraphQL, modern CSS, HTML5, responsive design, and more.
Do you enjoy being hands-on and have a passion for learning and innovating? Do you thrive in a fluid, high-performance, ambitious environment? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent or 4 years experience in React front-end programming
- Real passion for crafting efficient, scalable UI interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design techniques
- React experience
- Ability to write clean, scalable, and reusable code
- Ability to translate mockups into fully functional responsive features
- Confirmed knowledge of front end optimization, performance techniques, and solving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Understanding and appreciation of object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to work with backend engineers to design, build, and test reusable REST APIs
- Working knowledge of version control systems (preferably Git)
Bonus if You Have:
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing technologies such as Sass or LESS
- Experience using GraphQL
- Experience writing GraphQL resolvers
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Typescript or other programming languages
- Experience with Reactive programming (especially Project Reactor)
- Experience with Spring, Grails, Rails, or other application frameworks
- Good understanding of testing including Test-driven design (TDD) and Behaviour-driven design (BDD)
- Experience with Jest, Selenium, Webdriver, or other test frameworks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Free BoxyCharm subscription
- Learning & development programs
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty accessible for all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to the largest beauty subscription brands in the world: IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments and have a beauty community that’s over 30M strong. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, Toronto, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.