Sr. Engineering Manager - Remote Eligible - Colombia
REMOTE BASED ELIGIBLE
Only Latam based applicants will be considered at this time open to working remotely from home if living in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cost Rica, Peru, Chile.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the initiatives of our fast-paced, customer-centric Accounts and Payments Team.
The Accounts and Payments team owns the core features such as payment methods and account management. Its products are used by all the brands at BFA to power the ecommerce and subscription membership features.
Your objective will be to drive design and implementation of solutions and product features, as well as supporting the live operation at scale of user-facing critical Web and Mobile flows, with an emphasis on design and implementation of components that can be reused in multiple applications.
Experience leading high-traffic, mission critical digital products is a must have.
Experience articulating problems at product level is a must have that will contribute to synthesizing Product and Engineering perspectives into a prioritized roadmap, together with the Product Manager and other stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Own the development and maintenance of all payment and account management flows for all BFA brands.
- Partner with business leaders and Product Managers to ideate, plan, and deliver high priority roadmap.
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity of the payment and account area.
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to sophisticated problems.
- Nurture a culture of excellence by recruiting and hiring great engineers and build a distributed successful team.
- Coordinate, mentor, and develop the engineers and leads on your team.
- Construct and maintain an environment of safety, integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement.
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more quickly
- Minimum 4+ years experience in managing and leading software engineering teams in a technology company
- Previous 10+ years of technical engineering experience
- A strong results and outcome-driven focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
- Deep understanding of modern web architecture
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment.
- Business oriented mindset and ability to transform vision into a plan.
- Experience with hiring and building diverse, high performing teams.
- Strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Previously managed a team of 4-8 engineers with responsibilities for a consumer facing client
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in subscription and/or E-commerce companies
- Experience working in FinTech - payments, banking, crypto
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with AWS Stack
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Typescript or other programming languages
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
- Pay in USD
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As we are US based company to comply with country specific employment laws we partner with local in country payrolling agencies
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.