Senior Manager, Accounting & Reporting
About the Role:
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager, Accounting & Reporting with prior public company financial reporting and hands-on general ledger experience who has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while paying attention to detail.
Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to support continued business growth? (We’re at ~$1B and climbing.) If you’re a leader who leads with both head and heart – enjoys delving into details within systems, data, and Excel while simultaneously guiding teams and partnering across departments (like Engineering, Operations, Warehouses, and Auditors) with a high-level view to re-engineering processes – we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly internal and external consolidated financial reporting packages
- Assist with various aspects of month-end close and general ledger accounting, including but not limited to payroll, preparing or reviewing journal entries/balance sheet reconciliations, lease accounting, foreign currency adjustments, etc.
- Prepare P&L, BS and CF flux analysis and document significant variances for review by management.
- Manage third party accounting firms preparing international financial reporting packages
- Research and document accounting and reporting procedures for expansion into Latin America and other new business initiatives
- Complete quarterly/annual GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists
- Assist with the review of audit work papers and management of audit requests and serve as a contact with the Company’s auditors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business partners across the organization on a regular basis to support process improvement initiatives and other various projects
- Collaborate with other finance team members to maintain workflow, process narrative documentation, flowcharts and systems to support accurate inventory reporting
- Ability to organize and prioritize on demand requests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adapt to changing demands in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
What We are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including financial reporting and hands-on general ledger
- Experience with accounting for international entities is a plus
- A mix of private and public accounting experience is a plus
- Subscription, Retail, Wholesale, or e-commerce experience preferred
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and constant change. Can roll with the punches and problem solve
- Possess excellent accounting and analytical skills
- Well-organized while paying exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to execute and meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate, analyze and compare large data sets and build reports
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with ERP systems. NetSuite experience is a plus
- G-suite a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills needed to develop collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
Bonus if You:
- Possess a strong analytical mind and able to juggle multiple tasks while meeting stringent deadlines
- Want to make an impact. You're driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same
- Are collaborative. You're excited to work as a team throughout the organization to help cultivate an amazing workplace and culture
- Always operate with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean and mean what you say
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program*
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES:
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to our CCPA notice.