Software Engineer - Frontend Design & Engineering
The Beyond Limits Frontend Design & Engineering team is looking for a software engineer with hands-on experience in frontend development. This team works alongside our UI/UX product designers to take wireframes and user requirements turning them into seamless production-based applications. In this role, you will also work alongside other engineers and data scientists with the responsibility of building out the frontend with heavy data visualization for our web applications.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Build scalable client-facing web applications to support internal and 3rd party requests
- Manage multiple applications written in a variety of technologies (React and ES6)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team to ensure layouts, and graphical assets are efficiently integrated into the application features while preserving functional integrity and performance
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and collaborative team environment
- 5-10 years of engineering experience with an emphasis on frontend development
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience working with data-driven systems and RESTful web services
- Knowledge of the latest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Has hands-on ability to design complete user experiences by iterating through client designs and solutions
- 1-2 years of direct React experience
- Experience with source control tools and unit test development
- Experience with front-end development tools
- Experience with visualization frameworks such as Plotly.js, D3.js, Three.js, or Echarts
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience working with Web UI mockup design tools
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.