Back-End Software Engineer
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Software Engineer to join our implementation team. This position entails working within cross-functional teams alongside Data Scientists to build out software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Implement RESTful APIs defined by the system architect
- Evaluate, debug and improve existing complex algorithms for production deployment
- Implement scalable web microservices for deployment using Docker and Kubernetes in either public or private clouds
- Collaborate closely with Technical Leads and Data Scientists to implement solutions for our customers’ hardest problems
- Write clean and efficient testable code
- 3-5 years of software design and development experience, strong fundamentals in computer science with experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C++, Python, Scala
- The willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies
- The ability to work independently when required in a project, with a strong ability to problem solve
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Hands on experience with the following relational databases: MySQL, PostGRES
- Technical familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, and/or Elasticsearch
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.