Role: AI Engineer
Beyond Limits is seeking an innovative, experienced artificial intelligence engineer to join the Reasoning Group within our data science team. The successful candidate will work with other AI Engineers, data scientists, and software engineers to develop and extend state-of-the-art reasoning and knowledge-driven technologies used in high-stakes settings.
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company and a satellite of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech. Beyond Limits cognitive computing technology combines numeric and symbolic techniques to provide advanced solutions that go far beyond conventional AI.
- Design, develop or enhance reasoning technologies for use in production environments
- Contribute to architecture and design decisions and implementation
- Design and build robust, scalable microservices
- Communicate technical work and findings both verbally and through written reports and visualizations
- Work in a collaborative environment to brainstorm, design, implement, and deliver solutions to challenging problems
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Programming proficiency in Python or Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals, understanding of algorithms, data structures
- Experience with database technologies, relational or NoSQL, graph databases
- Quick to learn new technologies and approaches and communicate a basic understanding of them to team members
- Experience with symbolic AI, constraint satisfaction problems, search algorithms
- Experience with knowledge engineering, NLP
- Familiarity with case-based reasoning or analogy-making systems
- Fluency using scientific computing libraries, such as NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-learn
- Experience with PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, such as CNN, RNN, reinforcement learning, and graph-based models
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Research experience with high impact publications
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and/or customer facing work
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
400 N. Brand Blvd, Suite 700 | Glendale, CA 91203