Associate Product Researcher
Our Product team is seeking an Associate Product Researcher to plan and execute product and market research activities across our software and technology products. You will work with our partners, product managers and business development teams to explore opportunities for product improvement by informing product definition, identifying new offerings, and product-market fit. You will be tasked to coordinate, execute, and document research activities, and work with product managers to integrate findings into the product development lifecycle. The ideal candidate has worked as a product researcher, is an independent self-starter, and comfortable in a user-facing role.
- Work with our business partners and consultants to identify challenges and define new capabilities that would deliver impactful solutions
- Collaborate closely with product managers to integrate research findings into product definition and development roadmaps
- Coordinate user and market research throughout the product development process using typical approaches (e.g., interviews, surveys, usability tests, concept tests, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Help facilitate building a long-term relationship between the product team and end-users
- Prepare a standardized research process that can be effectively executed across Beyond Limits products and platforms
- Work closely with the product and strategy teams to define research goals and a corresponding program to ensure efficient capture of key product-defining information
- Work closely with partners and end-users to define business goals and conduct research to identify conflicts and challenges to ensure the best user experience and interaction
- Support the UX team during key discovery steps for user journeys, user persona definition, workflow and other information gathering exercises
- Ability to reframe user and partner concerns into concise problem statements
- Prepare research deliverables that synthesizes complex information and findings in an actionable and prioritized way for stakeholders
- 2+ years relevant experience with product teams in a product market research capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design or related discipline
- Experience conducting end-to-end user research studies
- Experience conducting competitive analysis studies
- Experience conducting market analysis studies
- Experience using typical research tools (e.g., Figma, Miro, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research methods, experiment design, insight generation
- Effective communication with both technical and non-technical users and stakeholders
- Motivated self-starter who can define and execute without micromanagement
- Comfortable with an independent work environment and growing skills beyond experience and core competency
Hiring Range: The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $81,499 to $92,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or company stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.