Beyond Limits is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing team and company. This exciting opportunity will allow an individual to come in, participate in strengthening accounting processes, and immediately contribute to key accounting areas. A successful Senior Accountant is a results-oriented team player and applies thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and excellent analytical skills to complete various general accounting tasks and functions, including financial statement preparation and various month-end account reconciliations among others.
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and related disclosures in accordance with U.S GAAP
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process, including preparation of various balance sheet schedules, and reviewing of journal entries
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable in accordance with company policies and procedures and resolving discrepancies
- Provide general ledger accounting support for company subsidiaries as needed
- Assess and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assist with year-end audit, and work with external auditors as necessary
- Process expense reports according to company travel policies and procedures
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, including budget vs. actual analysis and cash forecast
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related degree, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting and/or audit experience, Big 4 preferred
- In-depth understanding of US GAAP and basic accounting procedures
- Experience with SEC and SOX work a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus
- Hands on experience with accounting ERP system (preferably with NetSuite or similar) a plus
- Adaptable to changing priorities within start-up environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail, ability to spot errors
- Self-starter on assigned tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with team player attitude
Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.