Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting (EMEA)
This position will be located in Amman, Jordan.
Beyond Limits is looking for a bright, passionate Senior Manager who is analytical, data driven, and tech savvy. This position will be a key member of the US headquarters finance team, assuming a strategic role in the oversight and management of the global accounting operations. You will help to assemble and then lead a global team of accountants across various countries in the EMEA region and maintain a set of consolidated financial statements in US GAAP.
In this role, you will assist in managing all aspects of the company’s financial reporting, budgeting and financial projections for our EMEA operations. Candidates will possess very strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining close attention to detail. Collaborative leadership skills will be necessary to successfully lead the team and communicate with various stakeholders within different departments within the company in accounting, planning and reporting matters.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of US GAAP as well as knowledge of handling international business operations in the MENA region. This position will partner will local leadership and will report to the VP, Finance in the U.S with extensive experience with the global CFO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and supervise the Accounting Teams, maintain and execute internal oversight and policies and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Review all Financial Statements and ledgers and working with accounting staff to clear up any discrepancies
- Build out accounting staff to meet needs
- Interface with our international business units to meet company’s accounting needs
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s regional financial statements, notes and disclosures to the financial statements
- Oversees month-end closing and year-end closing timelines, coordinates and assigns duties to the accounting staff as needed
- Analyze and determine revenue recognition
- Support the overall business planning process including annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Maintain accurate budgets in the company’s computerized accounting systems, ensuring that all budgets reflect estimated contractual liabilities at all times
- Prepare analysis and schedules supporting the annual audit, sales tax and other external agency reports and working with external auditors and tax professionals on annual audits and tax returns
- Responsible for the compliance with all regulatory requirements of the EMEA region, including coordination of local licensing and business filing requirements, preparation of all tax filings and payments, and filing of other forms with all government and oversight agencies that are relevant to the region.
- Work with regional sales teams to help structure contracts to meet Company needs.
- Accounting or finance degree
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive management experience in consolidated GAAP accounting and reporting
- CPA and public accounting experiences preferred
- Public Company experience is a plus
- Experiences in software and service Revenue Recognition under ASC 606 strongly preferred
- Experience working with and managing multiple legal entities within the MENA region
- Advanced Excel skills as well as knowledge of NetSuite ERP strongly preferred
- Knowledge of International consolidations and foreign currency exchange
- Knowledge of employee stock option plans, payroll processing, and benefits administration
- Knowledge in transfer pricing and local taxation matters would be ideal but not a must
- Knowledge in internal control and experience in the implementation of SOX 404 would be ideal but not a must
- Knowledge in treasury control and forex risk mitigation would be preferred
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.