Beyond Limits is looking for a bright, passionate Controller who is analytical, data driven, and tech savvy. This position will be a key member of the US headquarter finance team, assuming a strategic role in the oversight and management of the global accounting operations. You will lead a global team of accountants across various countries and maintain a set of consolidated financial statements in US GAAP.
In this role, you will assist in managing all aspects of the company’s financial reporting, budgeting and financial projections. Candidates will possess very strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining close attention to detail. Collaborative leadership skills will be necessary to successfully lead the team and communicate with various stakeholders within different departments within the company in accounting, planning and reporting matters.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of US GAAP as well as knowledge of handling international business operations.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- Direct and supervise the Accounting Teams, domestic and international, maintain and execute internal oversight and policies and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Review all Financial Statements and ledgers and working with accounting staff to clear up any discrepancies
- Interface with our international business units to meet company’s accounting needs domestically and abroad
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements, notes and disclosures to the financial statements, and quarterly investor reporting packages
- Oversees month-end closing and year-end closing timelines, coordinates and assigns duties to the accounting staff as needed
- Analyze and determine revenue recognition
- Support the overall business planning process including annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Maintain accurate budgets in the company’s computerized accounting systems, ensuring that all budgets reflect estimated contractual liabilities at all times
- Prepare analysis and schedules supporting the annual audit, sales tax and other external agency reports and working with external auditors and tax professionals on annual audits and tax returns
- Responsible for the preparation all taxes and filing of forms with federal and state governments
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive management experience in consolidated GAAP accounting and reporting
- CPA and public accounting experiences preferred
- Public Company experience is a plus
- Experiences in software and service Revenue Recognition under ASC 606 strongly preferred
- Experience working with and managing multiple legal entities domestically as well as internationally
- Advanced Excel skills as well as knowledge of NetSuite ERP strongly preferred
- Knowledge of International consolidations and foreign currency exchange
- Knowledge of employee stock option plans, payroll processing, and benefits administration
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened (Sept 2021), most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.