Senior UX Designer
Beyond Limits is seeking a Senior experienced Designer to help with our growing product portfolio. You will work closely with our product designers as well as cross-disciplinary project members to generate and execute concepts for digital experiences, including web-based transactional experiences. You’ll be expected to actively contribute to the development of original solutions and create polished, final deliverables whether working solo or under the guidance of a more senior creative.
- Assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, branding, and best practices.
- Assist with stakeholder interviews to understand key success factors for a project or pursuit.
- Identify and document meaningful patterns from user research and UX audit findings.
- Provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings.
- Organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices or maps.
- Create comprehensive sitemaps, wireframe systems, and process flows for large-scale solutions.
- Develop detailed, annotated wireframes depicting all elements on unique screen types, including content, functional, navigation, and interaction specifications.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, high-fidelity prototypes across different stages of the design process.
- Present concepts and deliverables to clients and internal stakeholders
- Leads and balances multiple projects and/or work streams.
- Responsible for interaction design, task flow, behavior, and navigation design
- Demonstrates the information architecture and interaction design skills necessary to support client work.
- Ideates, sketches, and prototypes for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Creates UX strategy, develops customer scenarios, conducts journey mapping and collaborates on persona development.
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights, Analytics/Data Science, and clients to apply data and insights to UX design decisions and to determine UX success metrics & KPIs.
- Actively collaborate in cross-disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions
- Articulate rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs
- Define processes and deliverables that meet project goals and constraints.
- Help provide UX guidance on establishing scalable frameworks and guidelines such a product illustration, style guide, UX writing guidelines, and documentation of our design system and standards.
- 8+ years of experience working on complex software, transactional or enterprise experiences, with small to medium-sized teams.
- Able to lead and facilitate design sessions with teams and clients.
- Familiar with scoping and estimating UX tasks.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design approach & process, structured thinking, emphatic storytelling, and design solutions driven by user & business insights.
- Led the UX on a single, small to medium-size project (<$5M) and/or lead multiple tracks of work on large project ($5M+)
- Analytical mindset, great at problem-solving, with the ability to create consensus from diverse perspectives.
- 6+ months of experience working on design systems.
- Digital design agency experience preferred.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.