UX Researcher (EMEA)
This position will be located in Amman, Jordan.
Beyond Limits is looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join our team in the Middle East region. You will be responsible for helping discover and define the future of our AI-backed products in a variety of industrial domains. These spaces are rich and complex with massive opportunity for the curious mind. The UX researcher will collaborate with other design professionals, product managers, data scientists, and developers to discover unmet user needs and future product opportunities. This individual will execute both exploratory and evaluative research methods ranging from workshops, contextual inquiries, and in-depth interviews to concept evaluations and usability testing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The User Experience Researcher is a highly empathetic and curious individual responsible for exploring industrial business and operational spaces then synthesizing findings into opportunities for the Beyond Limits product team. In addition to the front end of the design process, they also lead validation and product refinement activities with identified customers and will be expected to partner with their peers in several areas:
- When working with Product Management and Sales, the User Experience Researcher will outline discovery sessions and interviews to inform product goals and align teams. They will guide these partners towards the most effective set of research tools to achieve their goals. When working directly with customers, they will build discussion guides and agendas that respect the audience and their available time while creatively exposing meaningful insights. Exploratory and evaluative research should be communicated to PMs and Sales in terms of business needs using compelling storytelling and mapping techniques.
- This individual will ensure Product Designers are incorporated into early research efforts and that their design inspiration stems from clearly understood problems. This means pairing in early concept generation to ensure faithful translation of research into product design direction. As designs are generated, the User Experience Researcher will assist the Product Designer in structuring evaluative methods to vet concept qualities with users. They will synthesize findings and help outline additional concept iterations to meet product goals.
- The UX Researcher should be able to communicate user needs and goals clearly to technical audiences such as data scientists and developers. During critiques, it is the responsibility of the UX Researcher to understand how technical and data constraints may enable or limit a user’s ability to achieve the desired goals, then provide informed guidance to the development team. The Researcher will also guide aspects of product usability, information density, and cognitive load based on persona capabilities. Questions of technical complexity should be resolved with investigation and feedback.
- This role focuses on humans in the system to identify pain points, process issues, key decisions, and potential delighters. The User Experience Researcher should possess a strong toolbox of qualitative and quantitative techniques and bring their research to life using creative design tools such as journey maps, storyboards, and user personas. The result should be a clear understanding of the problem space with a set of actionable insights and recommendations. The work should focus on conclusions and its contribution to product and business success. Throughout the product development process, the Researcher will be an advocate for user needs balancing the communication of existing research and filling gaps in the team’s knowledge with new research.
- 8+ years of hands-on UX research experience
- English and Arabic language proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in a design field, human-computer interaction, psychology, design strategy, or research related field
- Experience creating product research plans, then executing, synthesizing, and communicating findings to various stakeholders and business leaders
- A diverse portfolio of research projects demonstrating human-centered design capabilities, design thinking approaches to problem solving, and both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Exceptional abilities to communicate complex information in written, visual, and verbal forms
- Customer-facing experience facilitating discovery workshops with subject matter experts and business leaders
- Master’s degree in human-computer interaction, psychology, design strategy
- Experience working with large scale enterprise software products
- Familiarity with Figma
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity and ill-defined problem spaces
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.