Beyonders 2023 Summer Program - Human Resources
Beyond Limits is seeking a motivated and driven HR Intern to work alongside our HR team during the Summer of 2023. The HR Intern will support the HR team with its corporate initiatives in functional areas such as: general administration, benefits, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, employee retention, leave of absences, and employee record keeping. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. This internship is a F/T role that spans 10 weeks over the summer and will run approximately from mid-June through mid-August of 2023.
If you are interested in progressing your career in HR and getting a closer look at how our company approaches recruiting, compliance and employee development, we’d love to meet you.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of start
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work F/T for the entire duration of the program
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a bachelor’s degree or higher with at least one semester or quarter left of school at time of start
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation to/from job site throughout the duration of internship assignment
- All interested candidates must apply through Beyond Limits' website in order to be considered
Position Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the HR team with day to day operations
- Update our HRIS with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Receive and respond to routine correspondence, emails and employee inquiries
- Perform general administrative duties including drafting documents, photocopying, scanning, and preparing mailings
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Assist in preparing for new hire orientation
- Support the Recruitment team as needed
- Assist with the coordination of employee engagement events
- Assist with special HR projects as needed
Position Qualifications and Skills
- Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program in Business Admin, Human Resources or a related field
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Outlook
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is an early stage technology company specializing in advanced Artificial Intelligence products and solutions. Our technologies and products include reasoning systems, natural language processing, machine to machine interfaces and analytics, internet of things, intelligent agents, anomaly detection, and AI-based encryption. Our culture is one of collaboration, courage, and curiosity. We are a fast-growing team and are interested in people that take pride of ownership in their own work and also understand what it means to be part of a team. In addition, we support telecommuting for our team members from outside of the Los Angeles area.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.