Beyonders 2023 Summer Program - Accounting
Beyond Limits is looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our accounting professionals, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries, expense entries, analyze actual financial data, learn more about how the reporting process help drive company decisions and assist our leadership team monitor our progress. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles have successfully completed the intermediate accounting classes at the undergraduate level. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
This internship is a F/T role that spans 8-10 weeks over the summer and will run from mid-June through mid-August of 2023. In addition to their projects, participants will gain additional knowledge and networking opportunities through technical speaker series, development workshops, and social events as part of the internship.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years old at time of start.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work F/T for the entire duration of the program.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s with at least one semester or quarter left at time of start.
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation to/from job site throughout the duration of internship assignment.
- All interested candidates must apply through Beyond Limits' website in order to be considered.
Position Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Train with members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, journal entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Working with accounting software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or higher in accounting or related degree.
- Satisfactory completion of intermediate accounting courses or equivalent and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (V-lookup, filters, pivot tables).
- Competitive GPA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.