Technical Sales Engineer - AI Based Solutions
Technical Sales Engineer – AI-based Solutions
Beyond Limits is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) to serve as the subject matter expert on the application of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science techniques to industrial use cases with a focus on energy, chemicals and related industry verticals. This is a fast-paced role that includes engaging with global customers and partners, as well as internal cross-functional teams including sales, product, marketing, and engineering, to assist in progressing an opportunity through the sales cycle from discovery to closing. In addition, the TSE will spend time educating customers on Beyond Limits’ AI-based solutions and products, and leading technical discovery sessions and workshops to understand their challenges within the industry and share this information with internal stakeholders to assess the fit for existing solutions and products, and help develop appropriate solutions when required. This role requires significant research and drafting of technical articles for publications in technical and industry journals.
- Support global sales executives in all customer and partner engagements ranging from introductions, qualifications, and solution/product demos to final project deliveries
- Efficiently engage with global sales executives, product managers, and technical teams
- Lead and manage the creation and review of technical aspects of RFP/ RFI responses and technical proposals, scopes, and statements of work
- Understand market trends in relevant industrial sectors and report customer feedback to Product and Engineering teams to inform development roadmaps
- Lead/support customer workshops and meetings to identify requirements for new AI-based features needed for specific customer projects
- Support the conversion of requirements into user stories for the software development team to consume in our agile software development process
- Articulate customer challenges and value opportunities to R&D and work with R&D to develop and architect new AI-based solutions
- Educate customers and partners on Beyond Limits’ AI technology, solutions, and products.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Data Science / AI or other relevant scientific/engineering domains. MS or Ph.D. Preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant industry work experience in the AI and machine learning domain, ideally with a focus on O&G, power, chemicals, process engineering, manufacturing, or renewable energy industries
- Ability to influence and work in fast-paced environments with global cross-functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of statistical, machine learning, and AI-based algorithms and techniques (e.g., supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning)
- Fluency with cloud-based computing infrastructure and deployment platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) for SaaS solutions and products
- Demonstrated ability to gather and document customer/user requirements, lead and contribute to the creation of technical proposals, and successfully engage with Product, Engineering, and Sales resources to ensure project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and flexibility to travel (pending lifting of COVID-19 related restrictions)
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened (Jan 2022), most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.