AI Solutions Manager
Our AI Solutions team is seeking an experienced data science Manager. The ideal candidate has managed a related team, is a skilled Solutions Architect or Consultant, proficient in data science programming and techniques, and comfortable in a client-facing role. As the AI Solutions Manager, you will be architecting AI-centric solutions to client challenges, leading a project team as a player-coach to implement proof-of-concepts, and working with the software engineering team to deploy project deliverables for client testing.
- Lead the AI Solutions team in supporting project delivery across all Beyond Limits regions and business units
- Work cross-functionally with domain experts, technical sales, data science, engineering, and product owners to architect AI-based solutions in technical and industrial applications
- Lead client interactions during technical engagement, including project meetings, technical reviews, and solution demonstrations
- Determine project scope, deliverables, and success criteria, and ensure they are sufficient to address client challenges and consistent with their expectations
- Lead delivery and work collaboratively with the project team to brainstorm, design, and implement technical solutions to challenging problems
- Ingest, organize, and analyze data from various sources, such as CSV or relational databases
- Perform EDA or other data science analysis to scope unstructured problems or messy data for tractable insights
- Identify candidate statistical or machine learning solutions and test their efficacy
- Review and finalize deliverables to ensure high quality content consistent with client and company expectations
- Identify opportunities and support team member growth and development
- Track and plan resource utilization of AI Solutions team members
- Support the hiring process for the data science team at large, and including AI Solutions
- 2+ years of management experience building and leading data science teams
- Master’s degree in a scientific or engineering domain
- 4+ years of relevant industry work experience
- Excellent understanding of statistical and machine learning techniques, such as clustering, regression, time series forecasting, tree-based methods, sampling methods
- Demonstrated ability using scientific computing libraries, such as NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, and Plotly
- Programming proficiency in Python
- Consulting or solution architecture experience
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset
- PhD. or Master’s degree in a scientific or engineering domain
- Experience in a scientific or industrial domain
- Strong statistical knowledge and experience with hypothesis testing
- Fluency with machine learning algorithms, such as CNN, RNN, reinforcement learning, graph-based models, and generative models
- Experience with common ML libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git flow)
- Experience with ML Ops platforms
- Research experience with high impact publications
Hiring Range: The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $144,906 to $164,456 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or company stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up-to and including discharge.