Senior UX Designer
Beyond Limits Product team is looking for a Senior UX Designer, who can own end to end product design from research, design to execution. A designer with great flexibility & generalist who can span across various design disciplines: user research, information architecture, ideation, wireframing, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design.
We are looking for a problem-solver with a passion for building enterprise level web applications for a highly technical user group.
Please provide a link to an online portfolio that showcases your work, provide detail of your role on projects, and show examples of UX research and functional designs that you have designed and developed.
- Lead design projects with a holistic understanding of end to end Product design in collaboration with product owners, data scientists, developers, etc.
- Lead and facilitate design thinking workshops such as discovery workshop with clients/users, design research and ideation workshops, translate user insights through visual artifacts or frameworks and strategically incorporate feedback into next steps.
- Work with users to conduct in-depth qualitative research and analysis to identify user pain-points, needs, and goals.
- Ability to create and present design solutions (via sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual design) at all levels of the organization and clients with clear, articulate rationale.
- Ensure design consistency - refine the style guide, or visual language, to be used across the board while promoting design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant technical field of study
- 10+ years of experience in a design function, or in a related capacity
- Professional level proficiency in web application design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe creative suite, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly with developers and understand basic HTML/CSS
- Ability to create wireframes, clickable prototypes, and high fidelity UX flows and designs
- Experience simplifying complex problems into elegant solutions
- Understanding of the web development process and common agile methodologies.
- Ability to facilitate workshops, lead discussions and translate findings to meaningful insights to influence product development.
- Experience designing enterprise level web-based applications.
- Experience in user testing, testing plans, and research methodologies.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.