AI Data Engineer (EMEA)
This position will be located in Amman, Jordan.
Beyond Limits is seeking a high energy, creative and passionate Data Engineer to join our team. The primary focus of this position is Data Engineering and entails working within teams to build out enterprise grade software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Contribute actively to architecture, design & implementation discussions, demonstrating initiative.
- Design & Implement solutions for data preparation, ingestion, transformation and processing for use by applications
- Design & Implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency microservices, and deploy them using container technologies
- Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternative technologies and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Debug, troubleshoot, and improve live cloud-based applications
- Mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews and document design decisions
- Work closely with the team that follows the Agile software development lifecycle process
- Write clean testable code
- 6+ years of software design and development experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilities and ownership of significant set of modules or applications.
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Strong understanding of data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data, leveraging open source and cloud data technologies
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python
- Expertise in one or more storage technologies, both relational & NoSQL
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Distributed Systems. Experience with AWS/Azure, Docker and container technologies is a solid plus.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting of complex systems
- Has the ability to work independently in a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of caching, queueing and messaging technologies such as Redis, ActiveMQ & Kafka
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure and provisioning
- Familiarity with configuring and using CI/CD pipelines
- Automate build, deployment, monitoring and upgrades