Data Engineer (EMEA)
This position will be located in Amman, Jordan.
Beyond Limits is seeking a high energy, creative and passionate Data Engineer to join our team. The primary focus of this position is Data Engineering and entails working within teams to build out enterprise grade software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute actively to architecture, design & implementation discussions, demonstrating initiative.
- Design & Implement solutions for data preparation, ingestion, transformation and processing for use by applications
- Design & Implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency microservices, and deploy them using container technologies
- Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternative technologies and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Debug, troubleshoot, and improve live cloud-based applications
- Mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews and document design decisions
- Work closely with the team that follows the Agile software development lifecycle process
- Write clean testable code
- 6+ years of software design and development experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilities and ownership of significant set of modules or applications.
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Strong understanding of data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data, leveraging open source and cloud data technologies
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python
- Expertise in one or more storage technologies, both relational & NoSQL
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Distributed Systems. Experience with AWS/Azure, Docker and container technologies is a solid plus.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting of complex systems
- Has the ability to work independently in a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of caching, queueing and messaging technologies such as Redis, ActiveMQ & Kafka
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure and provisioning
- Familiarity with configuring and using CI/CD pipelines
- Automate build, deployment, monitoring and upgrades
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.