Beyonders 2023 Summer Program - Technical Writer
We are searching for a technical writer intern to join our team this summer. This position will split time between technical writing and assisting our Support team with the case creation process. As a technical writer, you will obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished content that meets the needs of the target audience and organizational standards. Working with our support team you will develop skills investigating and documenting various topics in CRM while gaining valuable industry knowledge on the interplay between development, customer success, professional services and support teams.
Time allocation will be split with 75% technical writing and 25% as “queue cop” for our support team
- Research, write, and edit new and existing content by working with various departments to understand requirements
- Independently work with subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write documentation
- Develop content in various forms (written documents, KB articles, online Help, etc.) with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Coordinate portal updates with Marketing
- Monitor email, portal and voicemail ensuring support cases get created in our CRM program.
- Verify customer account is current, document case details and categorize cases so KPIs can be gathered
- Assign cases to technical resources based on their area of expertise and caseload.
- Work with Project Managers, Customer Care and Operations teams to identify and fix CRM discrepancies
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years old at time of start
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work F/T for the entire duration of the program
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a bachelor’s degree or higher in Technical Writing with at least one semester or quarter left at time of start
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex technical topics
- Previous experience/education writing documentation for different audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (writing samples required)
- Proven ability to quickly handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately
- Understanding of help authoring tools such as RoboHelp for online help content creation a plus
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation to/from job site throughout the duration of internship assignment
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.