Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Our Advanced Learning Systems team is seeking a senior machine learning engineer. The team is in need of someone who is a skilled of standard data and ML pipelines, ML system design and modeling, and optimization techniques. Deployment skills are NOT a must but a plus. As a machine learning engineer, you will be building state-of-the-art ML models for different industrial applications.
- Design, train and deliver machine learning solutions to a wide range of datasets: from small datasets to big data, time series to 3D matrices, both unlabeled and labeled
- Collaborate with the development team and ML engineers to implement, test and validate new algorithms and integrate the algorithms with the existing frontend and backend systems
- Develop optimization tools on top of ML models to recommend optimal operation
- (As an individual contributor) Build state-of-the-art models for various modeling tasks (e.g., time series forecasting, spatiotemporal and traffic/logistic)
- Break down problems and propose solution roadmap
- Mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews and document design decisions
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of experience with one modern coding languages, e.g., C++, Python
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning tools and deep learning algorithms and techniques, including but not limited to:
- PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- CNN, LSTM, RNN
- Scikit-learn, pandas, numpy
- Optimization techniques and fine-tuning models, e.g., scipy.optimize, optuna, …
- Able to work independently on problems and in highly collaborative team environments
- Team management and mentoring junior members
- Effective communication with internal and external sources
- Time and project management
- Graph-based Machine Learning
- Research experience with high impact publications
- Application of ML in industrial projects
- Experience with MLOps and other production level implementation frameworks and pipelines
- Experience with messaging systems, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, EMR, and cloud platforms (AWS or Azure)
Hiring Range: The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $151,759 to $171,924 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or company stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up-to and including discharge.