Product Management Leader - Refinery/ Process Manufacturing
Beyond Limits is seeking an experienced Domain Expert/ Product Manager Leader with a track record of leading successful initiatives within refinery and process industries or successfully building technology solutions for refinery and/or process industries. The Product Manager Leader is responsible for leading Beyond Limit’s software product vision, strategy, and roadmap for digitalized/smart refinery solutions. The role involves translating the refinery and/or process manufacturing vision into executable product features aligned with the overall strategy; and will focus on defining and developing the process, business analytics, and AI offerings within the product that will deliver value to customers and differentiate Beyond Limits in the marketplace. Additionally, the Product Management leader will collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, mapping those to the product vision, and working closely with engineering, data science, sales, marketing teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Define the Refinery/ Process Manufacturing product strategy and roadmap; deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Expand Process Manufacturing use cases for yield optimization that can be resolved via Artificial Intelligence
- Create a process to ensure customer and partner feedback is captured and leveraged to advance product capabilities and product adoption
- Serve as a domain expert and work with other Refinery and Process Manufacturing domain experts to identify customer needs and define user requirements and product capabilities to address end-user needs
- Own product lines end to end; full-cycle delivery: discovery, vision, requirements, execution, documentation, training, adoption and performance monitoring
- Work with multiple stakeholders (internal & external) to define the overall scope of work and define quality metrics needed to monitor performance
- Work directly with Engineering, Data Science, and Technical Product Managers using Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Evangelize Artificial Intelligence across the organization, drive integration with customers and partners and ensure desired targeted impact is achieved
- BA/BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Business Administration or S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics); advance degrees desired, but not required
- 10-15 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a refinery, process manufacturing or technology companies serving relevant industries
- Domain expertise in process manufacturing and optimization strategy (preferably within the Refinery, Petro-chem, Chemical or other process industries); good understanding of applications, data sources, data analysis and advanced analytics with respective industry
- Good understanding of process design, simulation and process control methodologies as well as the commercial automation and software solution landscape
- Familiarity with Linear Programing (LP) in process engineering
- Desired but not required - Product Management, technical sales or professional services experience in Refinery, O&G, manufacturing industries; as well as Enterprise Software, SaaS, Data Science/AI/ML/Big Data technology landscape
- Desired but not required - Experience with developing or applying enterprise software, SaaS and analytics applications and/or industrial solutions in a commercial/industrial setting
- Demonstrated experience leading virtual/non-hierarchical teams with the ability to prioritize respective work scopes to meet customer-facing requirements
- Demonstrated experience in product strategy definition, system & solution design, defining business requirements from across diverse stakeholders.
Experience in managing customer meetings, managing customer relationships, evangelizing products, and representing Beyond Limits at tradeshows and customer events About Beyond Limits
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.