Manager, Data Science Solutions (EMEA)
This position will be in Amman, Jordan.
Beyond Limits EMEA Technology team is seeking an experienced data science solutions innovation manager. The ideal candidate is a skilled AI-powered product management, proficient in data science programming and techniques, and comfortable in a client-facing role. As a Data Science Solutions Innovation Manager, you will be architecting AI-centric solutions to client challenges, leading a project team as a player-coach to implement proof-of-concepts, and working with the software engineering team to deploy project deliverables for client testing.
- Work cross-functionally with domain experts, technical sales, and product owners to architect AI-based solutions in technical and industrial applications
- Determine project scope, deliverables, and success criteria, and ensure they are sufficient to address client challenges and consistent with their expectations
- Lead delivery and work collaboratively with the project team to brainstorm, design, and implement technical solutions to challenging problems
- Ingest, organize, and analyze data from various sources, such as CSV or relational databases
- Perform EDA or other data science analysis to scope unstructured problems or messy data for tractable insights
- Lead a team of less experienced
- Identify candidate statistical or machine learning solutions and test their efficacy
- Lead client interactions during technical engagement, including project meetings, technical reviews, and solution demonstrations
- Review and finalize deliverables to ensure high quality content consistent with client and company expectations
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering domain, preferred in computer science
- 10+ years of relevant industry work experience
- 3+ years of team leadership experience in delivering software solutions, preferably with AI components.
- Problem solving skills and customer centric technology innovation experience
- Excellent understanding of statistical and machine learning techniques, such as clustering, regression, time series forecasting, tree-based methods, sampling methods
- Demonstrated ability using scientific computing libraries, such as NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, and Plotly or similar.
- Programming proficiency in Python
- Consulting, technical sales or solution architecture experience
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Scrum based product ownership and ability to lead and direct a solution development team.
- Ph.D. or master's degree in data science or a scientific or engineering domain
- 12+ years of relevant industry work experience
- Experience in a scientific or industrial domain like energy, utilities, healthcare, e-government, smart homes, or security.
- Experience in projects that have a component of NLP (text or voice), or computer vision technology
- Strong statistical knowledge and experience with data analysis and hypothesis testing
- Fluency with machine learning algorithms, such as CNN, RNN, reinforcement learning, support vector machines, and graph-based models
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Github)
- Experience with working with a machine learning development and productization team
- Research experience with high impact publications
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.