Senior Software Engineer - Web Platform Services, Backend
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and pioneering Senior Software Engineer to join our Web Platform Services team. This position entails the development of potentially large-scale web and mobile software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. Our senior engineers are also looked to for mentorship of other team members, and to help lead the way in projects in various stages of development.
- Design RESTful APIs to meet project requirements.
- Architect efficient algorithms for production deployment.
- Build scalable web microservices for deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Attend daily stand-ups led by TPM.
- Write clean testable code.
- 6+ years of software design and development experience with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Experience with at least one (preferably two) of the following programming languages: Python, Go, Scala or Java.
- Expertise with source control tools (Git) and project management tools (Jira).
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation.
- Experience in building software interfacing with relational databases and use of such technologies, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, or Aurora.
- Experience in developing web APIs using any framework allowing web-service or RESTful endpoints required.
- Prior experience conducting code reviews.
- Experience using Amazon Web Service capabilities such as S3, Cloudfront, EC2, ECS, EKS and VPC.
- Experience with other document and NoSQL database technologies, including Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB or CouchDB.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of distributed messaging and queue systems.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of machine learning tool sets and/or algorithms.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.