Product Designer (EMEA)
This position will be located in Amman, Jordan.
Beyond Limits is seeking a Digital Product Designer to join our team in the Middle East region. You will work closely with other design professionals and our cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and product managers to bring AI-backed products to market in a variety of industrial domains. You’ll be actively contributing to the development of new product functionality and entirely new products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Product Designer is responsible for realizing designs that help Beyond Limits customer’s blend the best of human capabilities and computing technology into a scalable and sustainable product. While this role will touch most aspects of the design process, it will be especially focused on collaboration in three areas:
- Assisting UX Researchers in defining meaningful areas of inquiry and the associated methods of information gathering. In this relationship, the Digital Product Designer should take special interest during the synthesis of research and translation of those findings into potential product direction(s). As product and feature concepts are created, this partnership will continue into creating test materials and evaluating success with identified users.
- Partnering with Product Management to translate findings from customer discovery, competitive & market analysis, and feasibility evaluations into multi-generation product roadmaps. The Digital Product Designer will work with PM to understand business goals and define metrics for success while aligning product functionality to achieve those goals. They will lend visualization and storytelling skills to assist communicating and receiving feedback on functionality to refine and popularize the product direction.
- The Digital Product Designer must complement our data science and development teams by faithfully aligning the needs industrial users with meaningful technology and AI capabilities. This partnership will architect system feedback loops and decision points for ultimate user clarity and transparency. The Designer will work with these teams to build these technical systems toward our identified goals and metrics.
- In addition to these collaborations, the Digital Product Designer will lead the generation of design materials that convey the user’s product journey with supporting interactions and interfaces. It is expected that the Designer can work in progressively greater detail as required by the altitude of design exploration. These mediums include whiteboard, sketches, concept diagrams, storyboards, information architectures, wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups and interactive prototypes. The Digital Product Designer should be always open to receiving feedback and evolving their work in a candid and transparent manner. Especially in the industrial domain, this means an inquisitive nature and often acting as a conduit for translating subject matter expertise into usable and desirable product functionality. As that functionality comes more into focus, the Designer must consider opportunities to scale across use-cases leveraging existing product design styles and frameworks as well as contributing net-new work into the Beyond Limits Design System.
- 8+ years of working on complex enterprise software
- English and Arabic language proficiency
- Bachelors in design, human computer interaction, fine arts, or other with equivalent experience
- Experience representing the design function in small to medium-sized product teams
- Examples of regular collaboration with cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design approach & process, systems thinking, emphatic storytelling, and delivered product with user & business insights
- Able to facilitate design sessions with teams and clients
- Analytical mindset, great at problem-solving, with the ability to create consensus from diverse perspectives
- Experience working with enterprise-wide design systems
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.