Technical Sales Engineer – Oil & Gas and Refineries / Chemicals
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Austin, TX / Houston, TX
Beyond Limits is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) to serve as the subject matter expert on Oil & Gas (O&G) and chemical industrial applications – with a focus on refineries and other downstream applications - and learn about Beyond Limits’ Artificial Intelligence capabilities to educate customers and internal teams. This is a fast-paced role that includes engaging with multiple customer teams and internal cross collaborative teams including sales, product, marketing, and engineering, to assist in progressing an opportunity through the sales cycle from discovery to closing. In addition, the TSE would spend time with customers engaging in discovery sessions and workshops to understand their complex, technical challenges within the industry and share this information with multiple internal stakeholders to help develop an appropriate solution. This role requires significant research and drafting of technical articles for publications in technical and industry journals.
- Support local sales in all project engagements ranging from introductions and qualifications to final project deliveries
- Efficiently engage with direct sales executives, product managers, and associated engineering teams
- Manage technical aspects of RFP/ RFI responses and assist with the creation of proposals, scopes, and Statements of Work
- Understand market trends in the broader energy sector and report relevant customer feedback to the Product team to inform development roadmaps
- Lead/support customer workshops and meetings to identify requirements for new features needed for specific customer projects
- Support the conversion of requirements into user stories for the software development team to consume in our agile software development process
- Articulate customer challenges to R&D and work with R&D to develop and architect potential AI solutions
- Educate customers on Beyond Limits technology and cognitive AI
- MS degree; Preferred: PhD in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or Computer/Data Science/AI
- 3-5 years of large applied industrial projects in high tech solutions, preferably in the AI, Big Data, or analytics markets with a focus on O&G, chemicals, process engineering, and renewable energy industries
- Ability to influence and work in fast-paced environments with multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements, contribute to the creation of a project SoW, and successfully engage with engineering and sales resources to ensure project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Create and present design proposals and solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in working with large O&G enterprises and industrial process engineering applications
- Willingness and flexibility to travel (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.