Senior Human Resources Business Partner
We are looking for an experienced Senior HRBP to work alongside our management teams as we continue to grow and scale the organization. This exciting opportunity will allow for an individual to come in and help us build our HR processes from the ground up and assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on talent strategies including employee perks and benefits, employee relations, performance management, talent management, learning and development, and other key HR functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with client groups and senior leaders to develop their business strategy around talent management
- Work alongside our HR and recruitment team to develop, implement and administer employee policies around recruitment, retention, and engagement
- Assist with onboarding of new employees
- Provide high quality advice and service to management team on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Identify ways to build and improve policies and procedures in areas including but not limited to: Benefits, Employee Relations, Onboarding, Talent Management and Retention, Performance Management, and L&D
- Help develop training and education opportunities and programs for the company’s employees
- Help lead programs, projects and initiatives within HR that support the overall goals and objectives of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related degree
- Minimum of 8 years of overall HR experience with at least 4 years in an HRBP role
- HR Certification (HRCI or SHRM) preferred
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Expertise in HR policies, procedures, and best practices
- Solution focused problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle highly sensitive information
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Past experience in working with a highly technical organization
- Self-starter on assigned projects
- Possess a passion for learning and a willingness to grow with the company
- Exercise sound judgment in advising and handling HR situations with employees and/or management
Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.