Senior Software Engineer - Back End
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position entails working with Researchers and Scientists to build out enterprise ready software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies and state-of-the-art ML solutions. The ideal candidate will be an expert engineer with critical problem-solving skills who is comfortable working within a fast-paced research-oriented setting. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals, creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Lead and contribute actively to architecture & design decisions.
- Participate in implementation discussions with all stakeholders.
- Design & implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency RESTful APIs.
- Design & implement scalable microservices using container technologies.
- Evaluate and improve existing algorithms developed by our scientists for production deployment.
- Automate project builds and monitor application logs to ensure stable consistent deployments.
- Mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews and document design decisions.
- Write clean testable code.
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, strong fundamentals in computer science with experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to cloud-centric architecture and event-driven design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Strong knowledge of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Python.
- Have the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Can work independently on a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in developing RESTful web APIs.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Aurora.
- Familiarity with the ELK stack for application logging; Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash and Filebeat.
- Familiarity with Cloud based Block Storage like AWS S3 and Azure Blob Storage.
- Familiarity with Graph databases like Neo4j.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Familiarity and/or hands on experience with Machine Learning tools like PyTorch, TensorFlow and Keras.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human- like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.